We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Want a new favorite recipe for fish? Here's one I came across that's both new and easy and fancy-looking, to boot!
What You'll Need:
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- Few dashes of hot pepper sauce (to taste)
- 4 thin white-fleshed fish fillets (about 2 pounds), such as sole, flounder, or perch
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon seasoned bread crumbs
- Toasted almonds for topping
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, water, and hot pepper sauce. Add the fish fillets and let marinate in the refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, sauté the onion in the butter over medium heat. When the onion is just softened, sprinkle the bread crumbs over the bottom of the skillet.
- Remove the fillets from the egg mixture, reserving mixture, and lay them on top of the crumbs. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Turn the fillets over, spoon the reserved egg mixture over them, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes more. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes more. The egg coating should be puffy and light golden brown. Sprinkle fish with toasted almonds and serve.
For a different taste, you can use shallots instead of onions or add a teaspoon of chopped green bell pepper to the onions. Or sprinkle on some Parmesan cheese instead of the almonds. Or sprinkle on some finely chopped fresh dill or basil. Get the picture? Do your own thing.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Craving a big, fluffy, cheesy omelet like the kind you can order at your favorite breakfast restaurant? Here it is! We've stuffed this one with lots of onion, green pepper, and ham to create The World's Best Western Omelet. Once you see how easy it is, you'll be making overstuffed omelets all the time!