Butter Rum Ice Cream
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
My mom always kept butter rum hard candies in her purse for me and my sister, so I grew up loving that rich flavor. Now I like to use them to give store-bought ice cream a homemade touch. And this one's got a real kick, too!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 package (6.25 ounces) butter rum hard candy, finely crushed
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
What to Do
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the rum, butter, and crushed candy. Bring to a slow boil over medium heat and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the candy melts and the mixture looks like caramel sauce, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes. When cooled, stir the sauce again until well mixed.
- Place the ice cream in a large bowl and swirl in the sauce until completely marbleized. Place in an airtight storage container. Seal and freeze until ready to serve.
Makes about 2 quarts.
Go ahead and make this a rum raisin ice cream simply by adding 1 cup raisins to the saucepan after the candy has melted.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're a fan of chicken and waffles then we've got a stress-free way to make dinner that uses your favorite frozen breaded chicken tenders from the freezer aisle! This recipe is also versatile because you can make it in the oven, or in an air fryer! Everyone will love our Bacon 'n' Fried Chicken Wafflewich as a hearty twist on a classic favorite!