Frozen Peanut Butter Cups
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 1 dozen
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr 40 Min
- COOK TIME
- 1 Min
If you only have time to make one recipe, let this Frozen Peanut Butter Cups be the one! It's truly unbelievable!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 Butterfinger candy bars (2.1 ounces each), coarsely crushed
What to Do
- Place 12 paper baking cups into muffin cups.
- In a small saucepan, heat chocolate and shortening over low heat 1 to 2 minutes, stirring just until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Allow to cool slightly; mixture should still be pourable.
- Starting at top edge of each paper cup, spoon chocolate over insides of cups, completely covering inside of each cup with about 4 teaspoons of mixture. Chill cups until firm, about 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine ice cream, peanut butter, and crushed candy bars; mix well. Spoon evenly into chocolate cups.
- Cover and freeze for at least 2 hours, or until firm.
Serve with instructions to unwrap the frozen peanut butter cups before attacking them! In a hurry for peanut butter cup ice cream? Skip the part where you make the chocolate cups and, instead, stir 1 cup of chocolate chips into the other ingredients. It's not as fancy as the cups, but it sure tastes just as good.