Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's nothing like having a slice of creamy and cool, ice cream cake in the summertime! Our recipe for Ice Cream Sandwich Cake is the easiest way to make an ice cream cake at home. Plus, you can make it all your own with just a few simple flavor changes!
What You'll Need
- 10 extra-thick ice cream sandwiches (see note)
- 1 pint strawberry ice cream, softened slightly
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 10 -12 chocolate covered banana pieces
- chocolate topping for drizzling
What to Do
- Line a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with foil, letting it hang over sides.
- Arrange half the ice cream sandwiches in a single layer, cutting one or two to fit in pan. Spread ice cream evenly over top of sandwiches. Top with remaining ice cream sandwiches. Wrap loosely with foil and freezer 2 hours, or until firm.
- Remove from freezer and invert onto a serving platter. Remove pan and foil, then frost top and sides with whipped topping.
- Decorate with banana pieces and return to freezer at least 1 hour, or until topping has frozen. When ready to serve, slice and drizzle with chocolate topping.
- We used Fat Boy ice cream sandwiches to make this cake in the Test Kitchen.
- Feel free to use your favorite flavor of ice cream. We think it's a great idea to use a new flavor every time you make this Ice Cream Sandwich Cake!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 398
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15g 23 %
- Saturated Fat 10g 52 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 5.1g 10 %
- Cholesterol 22mg 7 %
- Sodium 207mg 9 %
- Total Carbohydrates 58g 19 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.9g 7 %
- Sugars 29g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This hearty, all-in-one, beefed-up dinner will definitely knock your lederhosen socks off! Our Slow Cooker Short Ribs and Cabbage is a German-inspired dish that features meaty ribs in a sweet and tangy sauce with lots of cabbage. It's a slow cooker dinner that'll have everyone saying, "Ach Das Schmeckt!" (That's "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!" in German!)