Peanut Sundae Cones
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When you were a kid, did you and your buddies chase down the ice cream truck so you could have some of those nutty ice cream cones? I did! Well, now we can make 'em at home any time we want, without having to go running down the street!
What You'll Need
- 12 paper cups (5-ounce size)
- 1 cup chopped salted peanuts, divided
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 12 sugar cones
What to Do
- Place a teaspoon of nuts in the bottom of each paper cup.
- In a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate and shortening in the microwave on high power for 1 minute. Microwave at additional 10-second intervals, if needed. Stir until smooth and completely melted. Stir the remaining nuts into the melted chocolate then spoon about 2 teaspoons of the mixture into each cup, enough to go halfway up the side of each cup.
- Place a scoop of ice cream in a cone and invert the cone into the cup, pressing the ice cream into the chocolate mixture. Repeat with the remaining cones.
- Freeze the cones (in the cups) for 3 to 4 hours. When ready to serve, just peel the paper off each ice cream cone.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 393
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24g 37 %
- Saturated Fat 9.9g 49 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 7.0g 14 %
- Cholesterol 22mg 7 %
- Sodium 192mg 8 %
- Total Carbohydrates 41g 14 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.0g 8 %
- Sugars 28g 0 %