We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Ready to inject a mini tropical vacation into your day? Well, our easy ice cream sundae recipe for Pineapple Sundaes will whisk you away to a place with sunshine, beaches, and relaxation. Combine the sweet, tangy tastes of pineapple and coconut, and pretty soon, you'll be on the road to a Hawaiian paradise without ever having to leave home.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/3 cups lemon sorbet
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- 4 teaspoons sweetened flaked coconut
- 4 teaspoons sliced almonds, toasted (see Note)
What to Do
- Place 1/3 cup sorbet in each of 4 serving bowls. Top each evenly with pineapple, mint, coconut, and almonds.
Place almonds in a small dry skillet, and cook over medium heat for 1 minute or less, stirring constantly. Or go ahead and toast about 1/2 cup almonds, and keep them on hand for other uses. Place extra nuts in an airtight container, and refrigerate 3 to 6 months, or freeze up to a year.