Avocado Breakfast Boats
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Clear the deck sailors! Our recipe for Avocado Breakfast Boats is so good it'll blow your taste buds right out of the water! Just imagine: a fresh avocado and tomato salsa mixed together and served over fluffy, scrambled eggs right in the avocado "boats"...it's a breakfast delight!
What You'll Need
- 2 avocados, halved and pitted
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely diced jalapeno (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 8 eggs
What to Do
- Using a spoon, scoop the avocado out of the skin in one piece, keeping the shell intact. Dice avocado and place in a large bowl. Toss with tomato, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, if desired, lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs with remaining salt and pepper.
- Coat a skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add eggs to skillet and scramble until set, stirring occasionally.
- Evenly divide scrambled eggs into avocado shells and top with avocado mixture. Serve immediately.
- Here are a couple of fabulous ways to enjoy avocados -- try our Powerhouse Avocado Smoothie and our Ciabatta Toast with Avocado Butter!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Looking for a twist on boring old salads? Our South-of-the-Border BBQ Chicken Salad is going to be a flavor loaded way to chow down on something light. This BBQ chicken salad recipe is simple, fast, and insanely delicious. One bit and you'll know what we mean!
- All-in-One Breakfast Bake
- Easy Cheesy Cherry Danish
- Fried Cornmeal Mush
- Layered Amish Breakfast Bake
- Breakfast in a Mug
- Breakfast Pita Pockets
- Wake Up Air Fryer Avocado Boats
- Blueberry and Orange Yogurt Parfaits
- Easy-Breezy Brunch: 26 Easy Brunch Recipes for Any Occasion
- Sunshine Breakfast Muffin Cups