Farmer's Skillet Breakfast
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Okay, you've only got a half-hour before you drive carpool, better known as Mom's Taxi Service. So grab a skillet and, in no time, you'll have a diner breakfast of eggs and potatoes that's guaranteed to get them going.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 bell pepper (or 1/2 red and 1/2 green), diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 pound frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 eggs
What to Do
- In a large skillet, melt butter over high heat. Add bell pepper and onion, and saute for 2 minutes. Add hash brown potatoes, salt, and black pepper, and stir until well combined.
- Cook 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium.
- Using a spoon, make 6 evenly-spaced indentations about 1/2 inch deep in mixture. Crack eggs one at a time and place each in an indentation.
- Cover skillet and cook 7 to 9 minutes, or until eggs are set and cooked as desired. Serve immediately.
Add a splash of salsa or hot pepper sauce to these home fries for extra zing.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's a recipe that's anything but taxing! Uncle Sam's Pulled Pork is a budget-friendly, weeknight winner. In this recipe, we slow cook boneless pork butt to perfection with some chopped onions and a can of cola. A little BBQ sauce and it's ready to go! Just pile it onto a roll along with some of our homemade coleslaw and you're set for lots of "yum!"