Country Sausage and Biscuits
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Some recipes are all about those down-home, comforting tastes, and our recipe for Country Sausage and Biscuits is no exception. You'll find yourself glued to your seat when this country-style dish is put in front of you!
What You'll Need
- 1 (16.3-ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 (16-ounce) (16-ounce) tube hot pork sausage (see Note)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Bake biscuits according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage and onion 6 to 8 minutes, or until no pink remains, stirring to crumble the meat. Add flour; mix well. Add Worchestershire sauce, milk, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until gravy thickens, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over biscuits.
- Make sure to use the hot pork sausage that comes in a tube, not hot Italian pork sausage from the meat case. Also, we suggest sprinkling on some chopped chives for an extra spark of flavor.
- If you use reduced-fat biscuits instead of traditional buttermilk biscuits, you'll save about 25 calories and 3 grams of fat per serving. Use turkey sausage instead of pork sausage and save about 145 calories and 14 grams of fat.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Say hello to Your Family's Favorite Meatloaf recipe! Unlike other meatloaves that are sort of dry and tasteless, this one is super juicy and packed with flavor inside and out. And the combo of the bacon and the glaze makes this truly irresistible.