Country Sausage and Biscuits
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Some recipes are all about those down-home, comforting tastes, and our recipe for Country Sausage and Biscuits is no exception. You'll find yourself glued to your seat when this country-style dish is put in front of you!
What You'll Need
- 1 (16.3-ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 (16-ounce) (16-ounce) tube hot pork sausage (see Note)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Bake biscuits according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage and onion 6 to 8 minutes, or until no pink remains, stirring to crumble the meat. Add flour; mix well. Add Worchestershire sauce, milk, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until gravy thickens, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over biscuits.
- Make sure to use the hot pork sausage that comes in a tube, not hot Italian pork sausage from the meat case. Also, we suggest sprinkling on some chopped chives for an extra spark of flavor.
- If you use reduced-fat biscuits instead of traditional buttermilk biscuits, you'll save about 25 calories and 3 grams of fat per serving. Use turkey sausage instead of pork sausage and save about 145 calories and 14 grams of fat.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This ain't your momma's deviled egg recipe! We decided to give this recipe a Buffalo-style twist! That's right, we took all the classic flavors and added in some hot wing sauce! Top it off with some bleu cheese crumbles, and you better believe our Buffalo-Style Deviled Eggs will have everyone saying, "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!"
Fried Cornmeal Mush
Easy Ham and Cheese Quiche
Farmer's Breakfast Bake
Breakfast in a Mug
Easy Cheesy Cherry Danish
Easy-Breezy Brunch: 26 Easy Brunch Recipes for Any Occasion
Lazy Day Breakfast
Eggnog French Toast Bake
Fun-to-Share Breakfast Nachos
Best Breakfast Recipes for One: 12 Recipes for One Person