We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Silly name, we know, but that's part of the fun! Everybody'll want to know what an Apple Scrounge is, and how it's made. But most of all, when they smell the fresh apples baking in the oven, they'll want to know how soon they can eat it!
What You'll Need
- 5 peeled and cored apples, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 cup apple cider or juice
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place apple slices in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with nuts, drizzle with honey, and pour cider on top.
- In a medium bowl, make topping by cutting butter into flour (working together with a fork) until coarse like cornmeal; mix in salt, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Sprinkle topping over apples.
- Bake, covered, 30 minutes, or until apples are soft. Uncover and bake 10 additional minutes, or until the edges turn light golden brown. Serve warm.
For an extra-special treat, put a little ice cream or sour cream on top before serving.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 448
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21g 33 %
- Saturated Fat 8.2g 41 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 5.1g 10 %
- Cholesterol 31mg 10 %
- Sodium 181mg 8 %
- Total Carbohydrates 64g 21 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.7g 11 %
- Sugars 42g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't need a passport for our Tuscan Chicken One Pot. The heavenly aroma and succulent taste will make you feel like you're sitting at sidewalk bistro in Tuscany. It's the marinara sauce and white wine that really takes this easy chicken dinner recipe to the next level. And one pot recipes are known for their easy clean up, so it really will seem like a vacation in your very own home!