We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
No one will believe you made our easy Banana Bungalow cake yourself! This eye-catcher looks as good as it tastes! Boasting a delicious combo of chocolate, bananas and whipped topping, this one is pure fun to make and eat!
What You'll Need
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package chocolate cake mix, prepared according to the package directions
- 1 (16-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3 large bananas, peeled
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 10- x 15-inch rimmed baking sheet or jelly roll pan with cooking spray and sprinkle lightly with flour.
- Pour prepared cake batter into pan and bake 22 to 24 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool then invert onto a large platter. Trim 1/8 inch off edges all around cake then cut crosswise into 3 equal sections, each measuring 5 inches x 10 inches, and leave in place.
- Reserve 1 cup whipped topping for frosting. Spread some remaining whipped topping over middle section of cake, completely covering it. Lay 2 bananas parallel to each other over whipped topping. Spoon more whipped topping over bananas then place third banana on top. Cover with remaining whipped topping.
- Gently bring up 2 side pieces of cake from outer edges to form bungalow roof. Frost cake with reserved whipped topping then grate cake trimmings over whipped topping to garnish.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour then slice and serve.
Unusual desserts are really eye-catching and so much fun to serve to your crowd! Here's another one we think you'll love: Chocolate-Laced Fruit Kebabs will be a refreshing hit!
- Want even more tasty cake mix recipes? Check out our free eCookbook, Tempting Cake Mix Recipes: 30 Simple Recipes with Cake Mix.