Banana Split Cream Puffs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
With this recipe for Banana Split Cream Puffs, you'll have enough to feed a small party, but don't say we didn't warn you! After they taste these, they won't want to "split"!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cut into quarters
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 3 large bananas, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- whipped cream for garnish
- 3/4 cup hot fudge sauce, warmed
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a medium-sized saucepan, bring water, butter, and salt to a boil over high heat. Add flour all at once and stir quickly with a wooden spoon until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat.
- Add 1 egg to mixture and beat hard with wooden spoon to blend. Add remaining eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Each egg must be completely blended before next egg is added. As you beat mixture, it will change from looking almost curdled to smooth. When it becomes smooth, spoon out 1/4 cup of mixture for each pastry puff, on baking sheets.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, until golden and puffed. Cool on a wire rack. Cut each pastry puff in half crosswise and layer bottom with banana slices. Place a scoop of ice cream into each puff and top each with strawberry preserves. Place pastry tops over preserves, dollop with whipped cream, drizzle with hot fudge sauce, sprinkle nuts, and garnish with cherry; serve immediately.
Assemble only as many puffs as you need. Keep the remaining puffs covered until ready to use.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 0 %
- Saturated Fat 0.0 0 %
- Trans Fat 0.0 0 %
- Protein 0.0 0 %
- Cholesterol 0.0 0 %
- Sodium 0.0 0 %
- Total Carbohydrates 0.0 0 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 0 %
- Sugars 0.0 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Quick! - Check the pantry and the fridge and grab whatever you've got on hand, 'cause you're going to need it to make a throw-together Garbage Pasta Salad that's potluck-worthy! This is one easy pasta salad that won't ever make it to the garbage.