Banana Split Cream Puffs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
With this recipe for Banana Split Cream Puffs, you'll have enough to feed a small party, but don't say we didn't warn you! After they taste these, they won't want to "split"!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cut into quarters
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 3 large bananas, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- whipped cream for garnish
- 3/4 cup hot fudge sauce, warmed
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 12 maraschino cherries
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a medium-sized saucepan, bring water, butter, and salt to a boil over high heat. Add flour all at once and stir quickly with a wooden spoon until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat.
- Add 1 egg to mixture and beat hard with wooden spoon to blend. Add remaining eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Each egg must be completely blended before next egg is added. As you beat mixture, it will change from looking almost curdled to smooth. When it becomes smooth, spoon out 1/4 cup of mixture for each pastry puff, on baking sheets.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, until golden and puffed. Cool on a wire rack. Cut each pastry puff in half crosswise and layer bottom with banana slices. Place a scoop of ice cream into each puff and top each with strawberry preserves. Place pastry tops over preserves, dollop with whipped cream, drizzle with hot fudge sauce, sprinkle nuts, and garnish with cherry; serve immediately.
Assemble only as many puffs as you need. Keep the remaining puffs covered until ready to use.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 291
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13g 21 %
- Saturated Fat 6.7g 34 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 5.0g 10 %
- Cholesterol 85mg 28 %
- Sodium 211mg 9 %
- Total Carbohydrates 39g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.9g 8 %
- Sugars 21g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
What makes this brisket recipe so simple? The fact that your slow cooker does all the work, and we think that's just great! Now you don't need a special occasion to make fork tender brisket and we can bet your family will be very happy about that