We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The key to making the best dessert betty around? Fresh bread cubes. And once you try my easy Blueberry Betty recipe, you'll be making it with all kinds of different fruit, too!
What You'll Need
- 2 pints blueberries, washed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 loaf French bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine blueberries, sugar, and cornstarch; toss to coat. Add bread cubes and melted butter; mix well then spoon into prepared baking dish and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until bubbly and bread is golden. Serve warm.
For a totally awesome dessert, serve this with fresh whipped cream made simply by beating 1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream with 2 to 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar until stiff peaks form.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.