Lasagna Stuffed Shells
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We're offering up the best of two Italian main dish favorites rolled into one with our Lasagna Stuffed Shells. This easy recipe is sure to add a change of pace excitement to your mealtime routine.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (32-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 pound cooked Italian sausage, crumbled
- 1 (28-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 (12-ounce) package jumbo pasta shells, cooked according to package directions, drained
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta cheese, 2 cups mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, the eggs, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper; mix well. Stir in sausage until well combined.
- Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce evenly over bottom of prepared baking dish. Spoon 1 to 2 tablespoons cheese mixture into each shell; place filled shells in baking dish.
- Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over filled shells, cover with aluminum foil, and bake 40 minutes.
- Remove foil from dish, and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Bake 10 to 12 additional minutes, or until shells are heated through and cheese is golden and bubbling. Let sit 10 minutes before serving.
Start off this Italian feast with a favorite soup, our 4 Bean Minestrone, and you'll have a complete and memorable meal!
Did you know? This recipe was one of best-loved recipes of 2012! Click here to find out what else made the list.
- Plus, if you want to prepare another stuffed dinner recipe, try out our Old-Fashioned Stuffed Cabbage Recipe: Our Easiest Stuffed Cabbage Recipe... Ever.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 93
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6g 9 %
- Saturated Fat 2.7g 13 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 9.4g 19 %
- Cholesterol 19mg 6 %
- Sodium 537mg 22 %
- Total Carbohydrates 1.3g 0 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.1g 0 %
- Sugars 0.1g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This vegetable side dish is a must-have, especially during the fall season. Our Lentil and Vegetable Medley features a delicious combo of roasted sweet potatoes, sliced Brussels sprouts, hearty lentils, and more. To make it even more flavorful we toss all of these tasty ingredients with some balsamic vinegar. You'll love this!