Butterscotch Yule Log Slices
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
You may have burnt a Yule Log on Christmas Eve, or eaten a Yule Log cake on Christmas Day, but have you ever made Yule Log candy? "Yule" love the ease and the taste of this easy candy recipe for Butterscotch Yule Log Slices.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 can (4 ounces) pecan halves
What to Do
- In the top of a double boiler, melt the butterscotch chips over hot water until smooth. Stir in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Stir in chopped pecans, mixing well, and chill until firm enough to handle.
- Form into a 10-inch-long roll on wax paper. Roll tightly in the wax paper to shape evenly.
- Unwrap and mark the surface lengthwise with the tines of a fork, and brush with the egg white. Press the pecan halves into the roll to completely cover the surface, and rewrap in wax paper.
- Chill 2 hours or overnight. Cut into 1/2-inch slices with a sharp knife.
These will hold for several weeks in the refrigerator if kept tightly wrapped and not sliced until used.
Looking more Christmas candy recipes to make for the holidays? Check out our free eCookbook, Christmas Candy Recipes: 24 Ideas for Homemade Christmas Gifts!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.