We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Ever notice the price of Chocolate Covered Strawberries in a fancy candy shop? Well, you can make your own simply and inexpensively, and they're sure to be as decadent as ever. What a lovely treat our homemade Chocolate Covered Strawberries recipe will be for everyone lucky enough to steal a bite in between stealing kisses!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening
- 20 large strawberries
What To Do:
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and vegetable shortening for 1 minute; stir until smooth.
- Dip strawberries half way in chocolate and place on wax paper-lined platter to let chocolate harden.
- Looking for other yummy treats to surprise your sweetheart with? Check out our FREE eCookbook, Treats for Your Sweetheart: 14 Valentine's Day Desserts!
- Before you dig into those delicious strawberries, you might want to have a romantic dinner for two. Here are our very best Dinner Recipes for Two so that you can romance Hubby at the dinner table!
- If strawberries aren't your thing, there's no need to panic! Just try one of our Recipes for Romance! They're sure to satisfy the sweet tooth you get on the most love filled day of the year.
Fun Fact: Did you know that strawberries have a long history in the world of romance? In the 13th century, yes that long ago, newlyweds in France were served stawberries in their soup, because this little red fruit was thought to be an aphrodisiac. Sounds tasty... but we're glad we serve them covered in chocolate!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's a recipe that's anything but taxing! Uncle Sam's Pulled Pork is a budget-friendly, weeknight winner. In this recipe, we slow cook boneless pork butt to perfection with some chopped onions and a can of cola. A little BBQ sauce and it's ready to go! Just pile it onto a roll along with some of our homemade coleslaw and you're set for lots of "yum!"