Lemony Fruit Tart
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Looking for a dessert that's perfectly light for after a big meal? Lemony Fruit Tart is it!
What You'll Need
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed (from a 17 ¼-ounce package)
- 1 (4-serving) package instant lemon pudding and pie filling, prepared according to package directions
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry to 10" x 15". With a sharp knife, cut 1-inch wide strips from the 2 long sides. Brush the edges of the 2 strips lightly with water and replace each strip on top of the edge it was cut from, forming a rim. Do the same for the short sides, forming a rim around the whole pastry.
- With a fork, pierce pastry several times all over, except rim. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and bake 16 to 18 minutes, or until golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool. If center has puffed, push down with the back of a fork, leaving rim intact.
- Spoon pudding into cooled pastry shell and top with sliced strawberries. Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
No strawberries? Any type of fresh berries, kiwifruit, orange slices, grapes, or even canned fruit like mandarin oranges, can be used.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Did you know that the first President of the United States, George Washington, began his morning routine with a breakfast that included the most incredible corn cakes? We decided to recreate his morning favorite, so you can make them for your family. George Washington's Corn Cakes feature the perfect combo of savory and sweet.