Raspberry Cream Filled Chocolate Cups
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 6 cups
- CHILL TIME
- 25 Min
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
Surprise Hubby with Raspberry Cream Filled Chocolate Cups! Fill these chocolate cups with our silky sweet raspberry mixture, and get ready for a Valentine's Day dessert that will always impress. Hubby's face will light up when he sees the special treat you made just for him! And don't worry, our chocolate cups are a cinch to make, and will taste like they were sent from Cupid himself.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable shortening
- 6 small round balloons (see Note)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
What to Do
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- In a medium saucepan, melt chocolate and shortening over low heat 4 to 5 minutes, stirring just until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Allow to cool to point where chocolate is not hot enough to pop a balloon, but is still pourable.
- Inflate balloons to about size of an orange; tie knots to seal. Starting halfway from knotted end, spoon chocolate over outside of balloons, completely covering outside bottom half of each. Allow excess chocolate to drip off bottom of balloons and place them on lined baking sheet
- Chill 25 to 30 minutes, until chocolate is firm. Carefully pop balloons and gently remove them from chocolate cups. Chill cups until ready to fill.
To Make Rasberry Cream:
- In a medium bowl, beat heavy cream, vanilla, and confectioners' sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Stir in raspberries, then spoon into chocolate cups. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Anyone with an allergy or sensitivity to latex should NOT make or consume these dessert cups.
- For other tempting treats, download our Recipes for Romance: 30 Valentine's Day Desserts and Drink Recipes free eCookbook.
- Be sure to check out our collection of Romantic Recipes for Valentine's Day, or our collection of Easy Dinner Recipes for Two!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
While we love the hearty, warm-ya-up penne pasta recipes, sometimes, when the weather is warming up, we want to go lighter and brighter. That's what inspired our easy-to-make Pasta Penne Toss! It's a fresh-tasting, one-pot pasta dish that comes together with Kalamata olives and chunked up tomatoes. Plus, since it cooks up in no time, it's the perfect weeknight meal for the family!