Homestyle Beet Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 40 Min
This simple and tasty Homestyle Beet Salad is all about...you guessed it, beets! If you're not sure how you feel about beets, then give this easy beet salad a try. We're sure it'll change your mind!
What You'll Need
- 3 whole fresh beets, stems removed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
What to Do
- Place beets in a medium saucepan; add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to low and continue cooking 35 to 40 minutes, or until tender. Drain and let cool 10 minutes.
- Remove skin from beets, cut into quarters, then into 1/2-inch cubes.
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients; pour over beets and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hours, or until ready to serve.
When preparing beets, we recommend you wear disposable gloves so your hands don't get stained.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Talk about taking comfort food to a whole new level. This recipe combines two tried-and-true favorites: chili and macaroni and cheese. The result is one beefy, cheesy, casserole that's good till the very last bite. Oh, and did we mention it's got a crispy topping?