Sweet Sour Watermelon and Cucumber Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Some like it sweet, some like it tangy, but everyone's gonna like our Sweet Sour Watermelon and Cucumber Salad; 'cause it's a super change-of-pace side dish to team with any picnic or grill favorites.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed and chopped
- 3 cups seedless watermelon balls or small chunks
- 2 English cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and cut into small slices
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, mix together vinegar, water, sugar, and poppy seeds and season with salt and pepper. Stir in scallions.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the watermelon and cucumber; pour marinade over top. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Toss gently before serving.
For more cool and refreshing recipes, click here.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Ready to change up your sides? Our Vegetable Couscous recipe is a Moroccan-favorite and it's so versatile, it'll never get old! Not only can you switch it up with your favorite veggies, but you can eat it hot, or cold! Now that's definitely a side dish to put on the menu!