Italian Tortellini Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Why do we love one-pots so much? Besides the obvious, the easy cleanup, they allow us to cook a family-sized meal like our Italian Tortellini Stew, using a variety of our favorite off-the-shelf ingredients!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (32-ounce) container ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 (8-ounce) package dried cheese-filled tortellini
What to Do
- In a soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add carrot, celery, and onion, and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomatoes, beans, chicken broth, basil, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add zucchini and tortellini then bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes, or until tortellini are tender.
- Freezer-friendly instructions: Follow the recipe above. After cooking, allow stew to cool. Pour stew into freezer-friendly containers and place in freezer. When ready to eat, place frozen stew into fridge to thaw overnight or thaw in the microwave. Then re-heat, serve, and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Progresso Soup
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Calories 200
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2g 6 %
- Saturated Fat 1.3g 7 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 10.0g 20 %
- Cholesterol 11mg 4 %
- Sodium 720mg 30 %
- Total Carbohydrates 33g 11 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.9g 24 %
- Sugars 6.2g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.