Italian Tortellini Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Why do we love one-pots so much? Besides the obvious, the easy cleanup, they allow us to cook a family-sized meal like our Italian Tortellini Stew, using a variety of our favorite off-the-shelf ingredients!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (32-ounce) container ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 (8-ounce) package dried cheese-filled tortellini
What to Do
- In a soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add carrot, celery, and onion, and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomatoes, beans, chicken broth, basil, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add zucchini and tortellini then bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes, or until tortellini are tender.
- Freezer-friendly instructions: Follow the recipe above. After cooking, allow stew to cool. Pour stew into freezer-friendly containers and place in freezer. When ready to eat, place frozen stew into fridge to thaw overnight or thaw in the microwave. Then re-heat, serve, and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Progresso Soup
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Calories 200
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2g 6 %
- Saturated Fat 1.3g 7 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 10.0g 20 %
- Cholesterol 11mg 4 %
- Sodium 720mg 30 %
- Total Carbohydrates 33g 11 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.9g 24 %
- Sugars 6.2g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Looking for a twist on boring old salads? Our South-of-the-Border BBQ Chicken Salad is going to be a flavor loaded way to chow down on something light. This BBQ chicken salad recipe is simple, fast, and insanely delicious. One bit and you'll know what we mean!