We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 1/2 cup
- COOK TIME
- 45 Min
It's time to bring the tastes of New Orleans to your kitchen with this one-pot classic, Jambalaya. It's packed with chicken and sausage and a bunch of different veggies to round out its jazzy flavor! One bite, and you'll feel like you're strutting down Bourbon Street.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 (12-ounce) package Cajun-style smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch diagonal slices
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (14-ounce) can ready-to-use chicken broth
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium heat, cook chicken and smoked sausage over medium heat 3 minutes, or until browned, stirring constantly.
- Add celery, onion, and bell pepper; saute 6 to 8 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Add chicken broth, diced tomatoes, rice, and Cajun seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 45 minutes, or until rice is cooked and liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove jambalaya from heat, and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Check This Out!
- Jambalaya is a classic Cajun dish native to the Southern state of Louisiana. Notice that this recipe includes the "trinity" of Cajun cookin': onions, celery, and green peppers. These are the three ingredients that greatly contribute to the yummy flavors of classic Cajun cuisine.
- For more amazing recipes from Louisiana, try our Louisiana Shrimp Bake or our Easy King Cake!
- If you can't get enough one-pot recipes, try these Easy Skillet Meals.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 337
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7g 9 %
- Saturated Fat 1.8g 9 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 25g 49 %
- Cholesterol 61mg 20 %
- Sodium 4,780mg 199 %
- Total Carbohydrates 45g 15 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.1g 12 %
- Sugars 3.4g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lookin' for just the right easy dinner recipe to keep your hubby happy? Then our recipe for Newlyweds' Pot Roast might just do the trick. Pop in a movie and get cozy while the pot roast simmers and get ready for those delicious aromas to start wafting from room to room. There's nothing like a homemade pot roast to show your loved one how much you care.