We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 1/2 cup
- COOK TIME
- 45 Min
It's time to bring the tastes of New Orleans to your kitchen with this one-pot classic, Jambalaya. It's packed with chicken and sausage and a bunch of different veggies to round out its jazzy flavor! One bite, and you'll feel like you're strutting down Bourbon Street.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 (12-ounce) package Cajun-style smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch diagonal slices
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (14-ounce) can ready-to-use chicken broth
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium heat, cook chicken and smoked sausage over medium heat 3 minutes, or until browned, stirring constantly.
- Add celery, onion, and bell pepper; saute 6 to 8 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Add chicken broth, diced tomatoes, rice, and Cajun seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 45 minutes, or until rice is cooked and liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove jambalaya from heat, and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Check This Out!
- Jambalaya is a classic Cajun dish native to the Southern state of Louisiana. Notice that this recipe includes the "trinity" of Cajun cookin': onions, celery, and green peppers. These are the three ingredients that greatly contribute to the yummy flavors of classic Cajun cuisine.
- For more amazing recipes from Louisiana, try our Louisiana Shrimp Bake or our Easy King Cake!
- If you can't get enough one-pot recipes, try these Easy Skillet Meals.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 337
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7g 9 %
- Saturated Fat 1.8g 9 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 25g 49 %
- Cholesterol 61mg 20 %
- Sodium 4,780mg 199 %
- Total Carbohydrates 45g 15 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.1g 12 %
- Sugars 3.4g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.