Mardi Gras Jambalaya
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Celebrate Mardi Gras and the tastes of the Bayou with our easy recipe for Mardi Gras Jambalaya anytime you want a hearty stew to stick-to-their-ribs.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 pound smoked turkey sausage or andouille sausage, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked long- or whole-grain rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 green or red bell peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium heat, combine all ingredients; mix well. Cover and cook 15 minutes. Reduce heat to low and simmer 30 to 35 minutes, or until rice is cooked.
We recommend you keep the party going by topping off this meal with a plate of our delicious Mardi Gras Beignets!
- If you've got them, use 1 green and 1 red bell pepper for a very colorful jambalaya.
- Dinner doesn't get much easier than one-pot meals! For a huge variety of tasty one-dish meals, check out 36 Quick and Easy One-Pot Meals!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Easy Cheesy Cottage Pie requires just a few ingredients and you can have it on the table in less than 30 minutes. Seriously! It doesn't get much better than a traditional cottage pie recipe that you can make in a snap. Plus, this cottage pie recipe uses simple family-favorite ingredients, so the whole gang is sure to love it.