Savory Short Ribs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The long, slow cooking makes these beef short ribs as tender as can be, the perfect one-pot meal for a hungry gang. With hearty barley and healthy veggies, Savory Short Ribs is an all-in-one good choice!
What You'll Need
- 3 pounds beef short ribs
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) raw medium barley
What to Do
- In a large pot, combine short ribs, onion, water, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook about 1-1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add potatoes, carrots, celery, and barley; cook 1 hour, or until short ribs and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally and adding more water, if necessary.
- This is one of those even-better-when-reheated-the-next-day recipes. Before reheating, be sure to remove any fat that has solidified on the top.
- Dinner doesn't get much easier than one-pot meals! For a huge variety of tasty one-dish meals, check out 36 Quick and Easy One-Pot Meals!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The Ultimate Hero Burger is going to be your new favorite ground beef recipe, and we know it will be a hit this Memorial Day Weekend! This take on this classic burger recipe is our juciest and most flavorful yet. Friends and family will be crowding around the grill, clamoring for their burger patty!