French Toast Loaf
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Forget having to make just a few pieces of French toast at a time. With French Toast Loaf, you just mix, bake and, when it comes out of the oven, all it needs is a drizzle of warmed syrup and everybody gets to eat together!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) half-and-half
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cups bread cubes (see Tips)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- by 5- inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except bread cubes; mix well. Stir in bread cubes and allow to sit for 10 minutes, or until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Spoon mixture into loaf pan and bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until golden. Remove loaf from pan, slice, and serve.
- You can make this with any type of leftover bread and, for a colorful loaf, you might even want to use a mixture of light and dark varieties. I like to top each slice with a sprinkle of confectioners' sugar and serve with maple syrup and cut fresh fruit.
- If you loved this baked French toast recipe, be sure to check out our super quick microwave version, French Toast in a Mug.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't need a passport for our Tuscan Chicken One Pot. The heavenly aroma and succulent taste will make you feel like you're sitting at sidewalk bistro in Tuscany. It's the marinara sauce and white wine that really takes this easy chicken dinner recipe to the next level. And one pot recipes are known for their easy clean up, so it really will seem like a vacation in your very own home!