Peanut Butter French Toast
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you love peanut butter, than you've gotta try our Peanut Butter French Toast! Perfect for breakfast, lunch or as a snack, this stuffed french toast is so tasty you won't be able to make 'em fast enough!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 slices firm bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- Butter for frying
What to Do
- Spread one tablespoon of peanut butter on each of 4 slices of bread, then top each with a second slice of bread, making sandwiches.
- Break eggs into a small bowl and beat well with a fork. Add milk and salt; mix well.
- Heat butter in a non-stick skillet. Dip sandwiches one by one into egg mixture and place in heated skillet. Brown first on one side and then on the other side.
- Serve with maple syrup, powdered sugar, ice cream, fruit or a whipped topping.
You can use a low-fat milk instead of regular, or a vegetable cooking spray instead of butter. Also, try putting your favorite jelly in with the peanut butter or on top of the toasted sandwich for a different taste treat.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got a delicious and guilt-free way to enjoy apple coffee cake! This recipe comes from our new diabetic-friendly cookbook, Guilt-Free Comfort Favorites. Don't worry, we're not sacrificing any of the taste. In fact, just one bite, and you're going to be hooked! Don't be surprised when family and neighbors are lining up outside your kitchen for a taste of our Guilt-Free Apple Lovers' Coffee Cake!