We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Who doesn't love a hearty Italian casserole? Using only six ingredients, this is one dish that's going to leave you wanting more!
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) package spaghetti
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Prepare spaghetti according to package directions; drain, rinse, drain again, and set aside in a large bowl.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium-heat until no pink remains; drain off excess liquid. Add onions, peppers, and salt; cook 6 to 8 minutes, until vegetables are fork-tender. Stir in spaghetti sauce. Add to spaghetti; toss until well mixed.
- Pour into a 9- x 13-inch baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray; cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake 50 minutes. Remove foil and bake 5 to 8 minutes, until top is crisp.
- You can adjust the ingredients and the amounts to make a casserole with your leftover spaghetti. And it's great topped with 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese before baking to give it a different flavor and texture.
If you enjoyed this spaghetti dinner recipe, be sure to try Spaghetti Pie: Our Best Baked Spaghetti Pie Recipe.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Calories 342
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1g 14 %
- Saturated Fat 3.3g 16 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 17g 34 %
- Cholesterol 34mg 11 %
- Sodium 650mg 27 %
- Total Carbohydrates 46g 15 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.0g 8 %
- Sugars 6.0g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
One of the great thing about Brussels sprouts, is how many wonderful and versatile ways we can cook 'em up. Have you ever tried them pickled? Well, now's the time, with our Pickled Brussels Sprouts recipe! It's got the perfect combo of seasonings, along with just the right amount of tanginess! Chill 'em, serve 'em, and devour 'em!