We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We're sure you've never seen this variation of cheesesteak OR pierogies! It's definitely worth trying this simple, fun and tasty twist on these iconic ethnic and cultural foods.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (16.9-ounce) package frozen potato and Cheddar pierogies
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 bell peppers (1 red, 1 green), sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pound boneless sirloin or flank steak, thinly sliced (see Note)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
What To Do:
- Boil pierogies according to package directions; drain and place in a large bowl.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers, onion, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Add vegetables to pierogies; toss gently to combine.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in skillet. Add steak, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and the pepper. Cook until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Return pierogies and vegetables to skillet; toss with steak. Sprinkle with cheese, cover, remove from heat, and let stand 3 to 5 minutes, just until cheese begins to melt.
Slicing is easier when the steak is partially frozen.
Recipe courtesy of Mrs. T's Pierogies. For more information and other pierogi recipes, visit www.pierogies.com.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're planning on serving up a fresh green salad, why not top it off with some fresh homemade salad dressing? Our Country Buttermilk Dressing is made with a variety of fresh herbs and delivers a rich and creamy taste that's much better than any store-bought bottled kind!