Four Cheese Pasta
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Need a spur-of-the-moment dish for drop-ins? Our Four Cheese Pasta is an easy dinner that comes together in no time at all. Beware, guests may want to stay for seconds!
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 pound ziti or bow tie pasta
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 slices (4 ounces) mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices (4 ounces) Swiss cheese
- 6 slices (3 ounces) provolone cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, just until tender but not brown. Stir in the tomatoes, basil, salt, and pepper and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package directions and drain.
- Spoon a thin layer of the tomato mixture into a 9- x 13-inch baking dish that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray. Layer with one third of the pasta, all the ricotta cheese, all the mozzarella cheese, one third of the pasta, all the Swiss cheese, the remaining pasta, and the sauce. Top with the provolone cheese.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes, or until the mixture is hot and bubbly. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
For easy Italian recipes you will make again and again, we've compiled this collection of 35 No-Fail Italian Favorites, Plus 7 Classic Sauces you can make at home!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.