Penne Pasta Toss
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
While we love the hearty, warm-ya-up penne pasta recipes, sometimes, when the weather is warming up, we want to go lighter and brighter. That's what inspired our easy-to-make Pasta Penne Toss! It's a fresh-tasting, one-pot pasta dish that comes together with Kalamata olives and chunked up tomatoes. Plus, since it cooks up in no time, it's the perfect weeknight meal for the family!
What You'll Need
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced fresh basil
- Shredded Parmesan cheese for garnish
What to Do
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot. Sauté onion and bell pepper 4 minutes. Add tomatoes, olives, garlic, salt, and pepper and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until tomatoes have broken down.
- Stir in pasta and basil. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and dig in.
Test Kitchen Tip
- You'll love these penne pasta recipes! Like our Baked Penne Primavera, which is an editorial-team favorite, and if you wanna keep it on the lighter side, try our Chicken and Pesto Pasta Salad!
- For some of our favorite Italian sides, check out our Big Bowl Antipasto, or whip up your favorite leafy-green salad and drizzle it with our Famous Creamy Italian Dressing! It's a 5-star recipe for a reason!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
For summer sides they can't resist, download our free eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 360
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4g 5 %
- Saturated Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 12g 23 %
- Cholesterol 0.0mg 0 %
- Sodium 397mg 17 %
- Total Carbohydrates 69g 23 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.2g 17 %
- Sugars 4.7g 0 %