Penne with Parsley Pesto
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
How can you go wrong with this mouthwatering penne pasta dish thats chock-full of healthy ingredients, including a homemade parsley pesto?! I like to use a whole grain pasta for this one to really make it a good-for-em dish!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound uncooked penne pasta
- 3 cups firmly packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
What to Do
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, rinse, and drain again. Return pasta to cooking pot.
- Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, combine the parsley, yogurt, walnuts, Parmesan cheese, oil, garlic powder, and salt. Blend until thoroughly mixed; pour over pasta.
- Add chicken broth and roasted peppers; mix well and warm over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 616
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 17g 26 %
- Saturated Fat 2.9g 15 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 21g 42 %
- Cholesterol 7.3mg 2 %
- Sodium 709mg 30 %
- Total Carbohydrates 96g 32 %
- Dietary Fiber 6.2g 25 %
- Sugars 6.9g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
What happens when you take a stuffed chicken recipe and combine it with a muffin tin recipe? You get our irresistible Stuffed Chicken Muffins! This dish is filled with a delicious cheesy Italian-style filling that everyone will love.