Spinach and Cheese Manicotti
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If up till now you've shied away from making manicotti 'cause you thought it was hard to do, it's time to think again! Spinach and Cheese Manicotti is filled with the flavors you know and love.
What You'll Need
- 8 ounces uncooked manicotti shells
- Nonstick vegetable spray
- 1 container (32 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (16-ounce) jar light spaghetti sauce
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare the manicotti shells according to the package directions; drain, rinse, and drain again. Spray the pasta lightly with nonstick vegetable spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, the egg substitute, salt, and pepper. Add the spinach and mix well.
- Fill each manicotti shell with about 1/3 cup of the cheese mixture, then place them in a 9- x 13-inch glass baking dish that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray. Pour the spaghetti sauce over the shells and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until hot and bubbling.
For an easy way to fill the manicotti shells, place the cheese mixture in a resealable plastic storage bag. Snip off a corner of the bag and squeeze the cheese mixture into the shells. Oh - for an extra burst of flavor, add 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg to the ricotta cheese mixture.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You're going to love this comforting Italian dinner! Little Italy Eggplant Rollatini is our version of a restaurant favorite. It's basically an eggplant roll-up that's filled with lots of creamy cheese and covered in spaghetti sauce. Once your family gets a taste, they're going to ask for it again and again!