The Easiest Lasagna Ever
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The name says it all! Whether it's a holiday or any ordinary night of the week, you don't need to spend hours making a delicious lasagna when we've got the formula for making The Easiest Lasagna Ever!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 (28-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 pound uncooked lasagna noodles (1/2 of a 16-ounce box)
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage 8 to 10 minutes, or until browned; drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg, 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese, and the basil; set aside.
- Pour half the spaghetti sauce into prepared baking dish. Cover sauce with half the uncooked noodles; spread cheese mixture over noodles, then layer over that the sausage, mushrooms, 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, remaining noodles, and remaining sauce. Pour 1/4 cup of water into each corner of baking dish. Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake 1-1/4 hours. Do not unseal the top until cooking time is complete. Remove from oven, uncover, and top with remaining mozzarella cheese and the Parmesan cheese; bake 8 to 10 additional minutes, or until cheese is melted.
We've got lots more yummy lasagna recipes!
- For more great pasta dinner recipes, check out our collection of Easy Pasta Recipes: 31 Best Pasta Recipes with Chicken, Beef, and More.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.