We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Hamburger Stroganoff is our version of the classic recipe that Mom used to make. The creamy and beefy flavors combine in just a few minutes to make a skillet-fancy recipe the gang is sure to love!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) margarine
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped (about cup)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 pound egg noodles
- 1 cup ( pint) low-fat sour cream
What to Do
- In a large skillet, melt the margarine over medium heat; cook the ground beef and onion until the meat is browned and the onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the flour, garlic powder, pepper, and mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the soup; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the noodles to desired doneness; drain.
- Remove the meat mixture from the heat and stir in the sour cream. Serve over the hot noodles.
Note: For a lower-fat stroganoff, substitute ground turkey for the ground beef and plain nonfat yogurt for the sour cream, and replace the soup with a low-fat cream of chicken soup. To "spice up" either version, add 1 teaspoon crushed dried thyme, 1 teaspoon crushed dried sage and 1 teaspoon paprika when you add the garlic.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
What could be better on a cold winter night than a skillet supper bursting with the hearty flavors of smoked sausage and cabbage? Nothing! And few can beat the ease of our Skillet Sausage 'n' Cabbage. This cabbage recipe is the perfect fill-you-up one-pot meal option for chilly autumn and winter evenings. Even the pickiest members of your family won't be able to resist this classic. The hearty combination of cabbage and sausage will keep you warm and satisfied, which is one of the reasons people love cabbage and sausage dinner recipes in the winter. Oh, it's so comforting!