We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We've taken your favorite strudel recipe and made it even easier by using shortcut ingredients like frozen puff pastry and canned pears. Pear Strudel is a dessert recipe that you'll love to share!
What You'll Need
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, (from a 17.25-ounce package) thawed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 (15-ounce) cans sliced pears, drained
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 egg, beaten
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place pastry on a baking sheet and unfold.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; mix well. Reserve 2 teaspoons mixture. Add pears, raisins, and walnuts to remaining mixture; mix well.
- Spoon mixture down center of dough. Cut slits in dough, 1 inch apart, down both sides of filling. Brush each dough strip with beaten egg and fold over dough. Brush top of pastry with remaining egg and sprinkle with reserved sugar mixture.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden. Serve warm, or allow to cool before serving.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 442
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 20g 31 %
- Saturated Fat 4.5g 23 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 5.4g 11 %
- Cholesterol 31mg 10 %
- Sodium 122mg 5 %
- Total Carbohydrates 64g 21 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.5g 22 %
- Sugars 39g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This ain't your grandma's old-fashioned spaghetti. While grandma's traditional pasta is always delicious, sometimes we want to try something new. Our California Dreaming Pasta Toss is one of the best pasta recipes you've never heard about. The butter, walnuts, and spinach give it a fresh flavor that will leave you feeling satisfied. Trust us, once you try it, you'll be dreaming about making it again and again.