We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We're leaving the homemade puff pastry to the pastry chefs and using a shortcut to make these super simple Overstuffed Napoleons. This classic, bakery-style delight is creamy, rich, and an all-time favorite!
What You'll Need
- 1 (17.3-ounce) package puff pastry (2 sheets)
- 2 (4-serving size) packages instant vanilla pudding and pie filling
- 1 3/4 cups milk, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F. Bake the puff pastry sheets according to the package directions; remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pudding mix and 1-1/2 cups milk. Whisk until thickened, then fold in the whipped topping. Spread the mixture over 1 layer of puff pastry. Place the other puff pastry flat side up over the pudding.
- Using a cookie sheet, press down lightly to evenly distribute the pudding and flatten the pastry just until the filling begins to ooze out the sides.
- Combine the confectioners' sugar and the remaining 1/4 cup milk; mix well. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the glaze in a small bowl; spread the remaining glaze over the top of the napoleon.
- Stir the cocoa into the reserved glaze; mix well. Drizzle over the glazed napoleon and chill for at least 3 hours before serving. Carefully cut into serving-sized pieces with a serrated knife.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 324
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 14g 21 %
- Saturated Fat 8.6g 43 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 4.2g 8 %
- Cholesterol 2.9mg 1 %
- Sodium 222mg 9 %
- Total Carbohydrates 46g 15 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.0g 4 %
- Sugars 31g 0 %