Strawberry "Cream" Puffs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 45 Min
There's something extra-special about these Strawberry "Cream" Puffs and it can only be described by taking a bite for yourself. Light, luscious, and creamy, these cream puffs are a pastry delight!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3/4 cup strawberry ice cream topping plus extra for drizzling
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Confectioners' sugar for sprinkling
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring water, butter, and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir quickly with a wooden spoon until mixture forms a ball; remove from heat. Add one egg at a time and beat well after each addition. When dough is smooth, spoon 12 mounds about 1/4 cup each onto 2 baking sheets.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown and puffy. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine whipped topping and strawberry ice cream topping; gently mix until thoroughly combined.
- Using a sharp knife, cut about 1 inch off top of each cream puff and reserve top. Fill each puff with equal amounts of strawberry mixture, garnish with a few strawberry slices, and replace tops. Chill at least 1 hour before serving. When ready to serve, drizzle with strawberry ice cream topping and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 237
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10g 16 %
- Saturated Fat 7.7g 38 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 3.4g 7 %
- Cholesterol 72mg 24 %
- Sodium 112mg 5 %
- Total Carbohydrates 31g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.0g 4 %
- Sugars 14g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Just because we have our weeknight routines, well, that doesn't mean they have to be boring. Sure, there are a lot of delicious shrimp fried rice recipes out there, but the secret that makes ours stand apart is chilling the rice before we cook it. It makes the fried rice lighter, and it won't get mushy later on. .