The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
"Easy as Pie" Recipes: 40 Chocolate Pie Recipes, Fruit Pie Recipes & More
Apple Custard Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 8 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
Simple yet elegant, this layered apple custard pie offers a tasty and creamy twist on the traditional.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup thinly sliced, peeled apples
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk, heated until very warm
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place apple slices in a medium bowl. Combine 1 tablespoon sugar, the cinnamon, and nutmeg and toss mixture with the apples. Arrange evenly in bottom of crust.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, 1/4 cup sugar, vanilla, and salt. Beat in milk. Pour mixture over apples.
- Carefully place pie on rack in center of oven. Bake about 30 minutes, or until knife inserted midway between center and edge of pie comes out clean.
- Cool completely on wire rack. Refrigerate, loosely covered, until firm, several hours or overnight.
For easier slicing, use a thin-bladed knife. Wipe knife with clean damp towel, or rinse knife under warm water, after each cut.
- Refrigerate any leftover pie promptly.
Nov 24, 2012
I made this pie for Thanksgiving using Granny Smith apples.It turned out horrible. It was sour and did not have enough sugar. The custard was tasteless. The bottom crust did not cook, even though I cooked it a little longer. The apples did not cook and were rubbery. The pie might have been better with different apples. I do not recommend this recipe.
- WAS THIS HELPFUL? YesNo
- REPORT ABUSE
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Easy Butter Chicken
If you like meals that are bursting with flavor, then you're going to love this Indian-inspired dish. Our Easy Butter Chicken is going to excite your taste buds. Every bite is full of creamy, comforting goodness. This is a great change-of-pace chicken dinner!