We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
You'll find this pie served at diners and restaurants all across the state of Arkansas. Many times it's called "possum pie," 'cause it fools folks into thinking it's one kind of pie, when it's really another ("playing possum")! Well, we can't fool you on the taste - and this creamy, chocolatey pie is really, really delicious!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon finely chopped pecans
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 1 (4-serving size) package instant chocolate fudge pudding and pie filling
- 1 1/2 cups milk
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, 1 cup pecans, and butter; mix with a fork until thoroughly combined. Press flour mixture into a 9-inch deep dish pie plate, forming a crust. Bake 15-20 minutes, or until crust starts to brown. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Add 1 cup of whipped topping and mix until thoroughly combined. Spread mixture evenly over crust.
- In a medium bowl, whisk pudding and milk until thickened. Spread mixture on top of cream cheese mixture. Dollop remaining whipped cream on top of pie and sprinkle with remaining tablespoon pecans. Refrigerate 4 hours, or until ready to serve.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 514
- Calories from Fat 318
- Total Fat 35g 54 %
- Saturated Fat 17g 83 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 6.1g 12 %
- Cholesterol 50mg 17 %
- Sodium 365mg 15 %
- Total Carbohydrates 43g 14 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.7g 11 %
- Sugars 27g 0 %