Fruit Cocktail Pretzel Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr 30 Min
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
- READY IN
- 4 Hr 40 Min
You've probably tried a dozen different kinds of fruit pie recipes, but we bet you've never tried something as lip smackin' good as our Fruit Cocktail Pretzel Pie! This novel pie uses canned fruit cocktail and crushed pretzels to create a tasty new twist to your favorite homemade dessert!
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups coarsely crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (4-serving-size) package lemon-flavored gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can fruit cocktail, drained
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch deep dish pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine crushed pretzels, butter, and 1 tablespoon sugar. Press mixture firmly into bottom of prepared pie plate. Bake 8 minutes; let cool.
- In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth and fluffy. Fold in whipped topping and spread mixture evenly onto cooled crust.
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir gently until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in ice cubes until melted. Add fruit cocktail and mix well.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes, or until mixture is slightly thickened. Pour gelatin mixture over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate 4 hours or until set, before serving.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The award for most Oscar-worthy snack goes to...Red Carpet Popcorn Crunch! (Hey, just because you weren't invited to the Governor's Ball doesn't mean you can't have some delicious fun!) This recipe is 5-ingredient easy and is perfect for nibbling on while you watch to see who the next big winner will be.