My Own Pie Crust
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When they ask you what makes your pie taste so wonderful you'll be saying, "Why, it's My Own Pie Crust!" This easy shortbread-style pie crust has just a hint of cinnamon flavor, and it's just waiting to be filled with yummy goodness!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cold milk
What to Do
- If planning to use this as a pre-baked shell, preheat the oven to 425 degree F.
- In a 9-inch pie plate, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil and milk and pour over the flour mixture. Using a fork, mix until the dry ingredients are completely moistened. Using your fingers, press the dough evenly over the bottom and up the sides of the plate, partly covering the rim.
- To use as a baked shell, prick the dough all over with a fork and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until set, then cool and fill as desired.
- To use as an unbaked shell, fill with the desired pie filling and bake according to the pie filling directions.
Makes one 9-inch pie crust.
This is a cookie-like shortbread-style crust, so you're in for a real treat!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's a light and fluffy quick bread that's perfect for the holiday season. Our Razzle-Dazzle Raspberry Bread is studded with lots of sweet red raspberries. This bread is pretty enough and tasty enough to give as a homemade gift, but easy enough to make anytime you're craving a "razzle-dazzling" treat.