Pumpkin Sundae Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 3 Hr 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
This Pumpkin Sundae Pie is a frozen delight and among our favorite recipes in the Mr. Food test kitchen. You gotta try this one!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 baked 9-inch deep dish pie crust
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- Stir together first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon ice cream into pie crust, and spread evenly. Spoon pumpkin mixture over ice cream. Cover and freeze at least 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, stir together the light brown sugar, corn syrup, and water; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Serve pie with warm butterscotch sauce.
Homemade butterscotch sauce tops off this frozen delight of ice cream layered with pumpkin, but if time is tight, commercial ice cream topping works, too.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 859
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32g 50 %
- Saturated Fat 18g 91 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 6.5g 13 %
- Cholesterol 86mg 29 %
- Sodium 576mg 24 %
- Total Carbohydrates 141g 47 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.1g 12 %
- Sugars 104g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This easy yet elegant version of prime rib will rival anything you can find at the fanciest restaurant. Our Test Kitchen made sure that this one is low on work and high on good taste. Perfect for holiday entertaining or enjoying all year long.