Amish Vanilla Crumb Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Talk about simply delicious! Cookbook author Sherry Gore shared her recipe for Amish Vanilla Crumb Pie with the Test Kitchen and we just couldn't get enough.
What You'll Need
- 1 (15-ounce) refrigerated pie crust
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup water
- CRUMB TOPPING
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Unroll pie crust and place in 9-inch pie plate; flute edges.
- In a large saucepan, combine brown sugar, flour, corn syrup, vanilla, and egg. Slowly stir in water and cook over medium heat, stirring until mixture boils. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix CRUMB TOPPING ingredients until crumbly. Pour cooled brown sugar mixture into crust and top evenly with crumbs.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden and set.
- Be sure to check out some really great interviews with Sherry and Howard here!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 390
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 19g 29 %
- Saturated Fat 9.0g 45 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 2.2g 4 %
- Cholesterol 26mg 9 %
- Sodium 414mg 17 %
- Total Carbohydrates 55g 18 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.5g 2 %
- Sugars 12g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.