Amish Sausage Balls
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 26 to 28 balls
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
This Pennsylvania Dutch recipe for Amish Sausage Balls is so versatile! Whether as a crowd-pleasing appetizer or as a robust main dish, the Amish country flavors come through as loud and clear as the sound of a horse and buggy coming down a country road.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
What to Do
In a large bowl, combine sausage, bread crumbs, onion, and egg; mix well then form into 1/2-inch balls.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil; brown sausage balls 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour over sausage balls, cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 to 25 minutes, or until no longer pink in center. Serve immediately.
These are traditionally served over rice or curly noodles. However, we also found these perfect as an appetizer served on toothpicks.
If you want to make these ahead of time, that's fine. Just reheat on a baking sheet in a 250 degree oven.
- If you liked this Amish recipe, be sure to try our Amish Beef Barley Soup!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The Ultimate Hero Burger is going to be your new favorite ground beef recipe, and we know it will be a hit this Memorial Day Weekend! This take on this classic burger recipe is our juciest and most flavorful yet. Friends and family will be crowding around the grill, clamoring for their burger patty!