Pig on a Roll
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is our version of a pulled pork sandwich. It's a slow cooker recipe that slowly cooks the pork until it's ready to be shredded and served. Pig on a Roll is a recipe you'll want to add to your next spread!
What You'll Need
- 4 pounds boneless pork shoulder or boneless pork butt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups root beer soda
- 1 (28-ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- 8 kaiser rolls
What to Do
- Place pork in a 6-quart slow cooker and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with onions then pour root beer over meat. Cover and cook on high setting 7 to 8 hours, or until pork shreds easily with a fork.
- Remove pork to a large cutting board and shred with two forks. Place pork mixture in a large skillet. Stir in 1 cup liquid from slow cooker along with onions. Add barbecue sauce; mix well.
- Cover and heat over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, or until heated through. Serve on toasted rolls.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Back-to-School Cookies make the perfect lunchbox treat or after-school snack. These easy-to-make cookies start out from a box of cake mix and get their extra-crunchiness from graham crackers and their chocolaty-sweetness from lots of chocolate chips. Kids of all ages will love them!