Pig on a Roll
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is our version of a pulled pork sandwich. It's a slow cooker recipe that slowly cooks the pork until it's ready to be shredded and served. Pig on a Roll is a recipe you'll want to add to your next spread!
What You'll Need
- 4 pounds boneless pork shoulder or boneless pork butt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups root beer soda
- 1 (28-ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- 8 kaiser rolls
What to Do
- Place pork in a 6-quart slow cooker and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with onions then pour root beer over meat. Cover and cook on high setting 7 to 8 hours, or until pork shreds easily with a fork.
- Remove pork to a large cutting board and shred with two forks. Place pork mixture in a large skillet. Stir in 1 cup liquid from slow cooker along with onions. Add barbecue sauce; mix well.
- Cover and heat over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, or until heated through. Serve on toasted rolls.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When it comes to choosing healthier meal options and indulging in something delicious, you can have both with our Steakhouse Salad! If you can't give up your love of steak, but need to start looking for something lighter at dinner time, this is the recipe for you. This meal gets a seal of approval from both veggie lovers and meat lovers everywhere, so don't miss out!