Pig on a Roll
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is our version of a pulled pork sandwich. It's a slow cooker recipe that slowly cooks the pork until it's ready to be shredded and served. Pig on a Roll is a recipe you'll want to add to your next spread!
What You'll Need
- 4 pounds boneless pork shoulder or boneless pork butt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups root beer soda
- 1 (28-ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- 8 kaiser rolls
What to Do
- Place pork in a 6-quart slow cooker and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with onions then pour root beer over meat. Cover and cook on high setting 7 to 8 hours, or until pork shreds easily with a fork.
- Remove pork to a large cutting board and shred with two forks. Place pork mixture in a large skillet. Stir in 1 cup liquid from slow cooker along with onions. Add barbecue sauce; mix well.
- Cover and heat over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, or until heated through. Serve on toasted rolls.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This ain't your momma's deviled egg recipe! We decided to give this recipe a Buffalo-style twist! That's right, we took all the classic flavors and added in some hot wing sauce! Top it off with some bleu cheese crumbles, and you better believe our Buffalo-Style Deviled Eggs will have everyone saying, "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!"