Sausage & Shrimp Panzanella Skillet
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This recipe comes courtesy of Brooke from Cheeky Kitchen who says, "This dish loves ya, baby! It's not just supremely quick, and crazy delish (with giant hunks of rustic french bread to soak up the sausagey tomato sauce. Hello.) But it also feeds a full table of hungry peeps in minutes. Dig in, darlin'! You need this meal in your mouth!"
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra
- 2 sweet or spicy Italian sausage links
- 1/2 pound large cooked shrimp
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed and coarsely chopped
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 (14.5) ounce can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces crusty sourdough, pulled into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
What To Do:
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add the sausages, cover, and cook about 5 minutes, or until cooked through. Add shrimp and cook just until hot, about 1 minute. Remove sausages and shrimp from the pan, cool sausages slightly before slicing into 1-inch pieces; set aside.
- Drizzle olive oil in hot skillet, then add garlic and onion. Cook until softened, 3-4 minutes. Add tomatoes, sprinkle with salt, add sausage, shrimp, basil, and bread. Stir to coat all ingredients with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately in shallow bowls.
Check out more of Brooke's fantastic recipes from her blog, Cheeky Kitchen!
This recipe was a finalist in our Search for the Ultimate Weeknight Meal Contest!
- Nothing like enjoying a glass of sweet white wine with this dish!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These peanut butter muffins are worth a presidential seal of approval - they're that good! Our Presiential Peanut Muffins are crazy-moist and are topped with a nutty streusel mixture that makes them addictively-good. You won't want to pass up on these!