Baked Bean Fritters
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The baked beans you grew up eating take on a whole new flavor and texture in this tasty recipe for Baked Bean Fritters. These are the perfect go-along to just about anything!
What You'll Need
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 eggs
- 2 (16-ounce) cans baked beans, drained and sauce reserved
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup vegetable oil
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, black pepper, and eggs until well blended. Add remaining ingredients, except reserved sauce and oil.
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat, heat 1/2 cup oil until hot. Drop batter by teaspoonfuls into oil; cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Repeat until all batter is used, adding oil as needed.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over low heat, heat reserved baked-bean sauce until warm. Serve as a dipping sauce with fritters.
After the fritters are drained, place them on a baking sheet and keep warm in a 300-degree F oven until you've finished cooking the whole batch.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Calories 1,320
- Calories from Fat 728
- Total Fat 81g 124 %
- Saturated Fat 12g 59 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 31g 62 %
- Cholesterol 248mg 83 %
- Sodium 2,238mg 93 %
- Total Carbohydrates 129g 43 %
- Dietary Fiber 15g 61 %
- Sugars 30g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've made a rise 'n' shine pastry that you can enjoy with your morning cup of coffee that has...well, a twist to it! Our Chocolate Peanut Butter Twists are pretty enough to serve for a special brunch, but easy enough that anyone can make 'em. Plus, they feature everyone's favorite combo of chocolate and peanut butter!