Cheddar Potato Latkes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We love hash browns. If it were up to us, we'd make sure we had a hash brown recipe at every meal! Well, we could just make plenty of Cheddar Potato Latkes, and we'd be all set. Adding some Cheddar cheese to a potato recipe really just makes for one of our all-time favorite combinations. It's comfort food at its finest... and we just can't get enough!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups refrigerated shredded hash browns
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup (about 1-1/2 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions (about 2)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Cooking spray
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine hash browns, egg, cheese, scallions, sour cream, and salt; mix well.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add oil, and swirl to coat pan.
- Drop potato mixture evenly into hot oil in batches. Cook 5 to 6 minutes on each side, or until golden; spray tops with cooking spray when turning over. Serve warm.
Serve up these potato pancakes as a side dish, snack, or appetizer - their cheesy flavor is sure to please even the pickiest eater. Use applesauce and/or sour cream for traditional topping options.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.