Cheesy Hash Browns
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Who would imagine that by just changing up the cheese variety, you could take ordinary hash brown potatoes and turn 'em into WOW! Our flavor-packed Cheesy Hash Browns are the perfect brunch or dinner go-along.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds shredded hash browns (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 2 1/2 cups shredded flavored semi-soft cheese (Like Gouda, Havarti or Muenster) *See Note
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
What to Do
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except heavy cream; mix well. Spoon into prepared casserole dish and drizzle heavy cream evenly over top.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
Our Test Kitchen experimented with lots of varieties of flavored cheese. Cheese studded with fruits and veggies and herbs and spices, all sorts of combos... you get the idea! And boy, we have to say that one was better than the next! Mix and match your favorites with this recipe and it will always taste new and different.
If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out all of our cheesy favorites in The Cheese Lover's eCookbook: 34 Easy Recipes with Cheese.
- If you want more hash brown casseroles like this one, check out our collection of Hash Brown Casseroles: 10 Easy Potato Casserole Recipes.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The family is going to rave over these budget-friendly skillet pork chops! Made with a box of shortcut stuffing mix, and lots ooey gooey cheese, our "Unstuffed" Stuffed Pork Chops are layered to perfection. It's a dish that looks and tastes like it's fit for royalty, so there's no need to tell everyone just how budget-friendly it actually is!