Creamy Hash Brown Bake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's our version of a classic Texan dish, and we've added a few extra ingredients to make our Creamy Hash Brown Bake something for your recipe book. This potato recipe is a favorite side dish with any meal, and now you can make them crispy and delicious right in your own kitchen.
What You'll Need
- 1 (2 pound) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken or mushroom soup
- 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mix together hash brown potatoes, onion, soup, sour cream, Cheddar cheese, salt, black pepper, and green pepper.
- Spread potato mixture in greased 9- x 13-inch baking pan.
- Mix together bread crumbs and melted butter and spread over potato mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour, until golden brown.
If you want more hash brown casseroles like this one, check out our collection of Hash Brown Casseroles: 10 Easy Potato Casserole Recipes.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Pull-Apart Cheese Bread is great for a movie night at home with some friends and family. That's 'cause this pull-apart bread is made with delicious and irresistible ingredients, like two kinds of melted cheese and yummy buttermilk biscuits. Just don't blame us if this recipe steals the show!